Case 151 | The Award 2017 | Romania
Dr. Dima Cosmin / Dt. Gabriel Panaite
Full mouth rehabilitation
29 years old female patient presented at our practice wishing to improve aesthetics of her teeth and asking for a full mouth rehabilitation with veneers if possible, but kindly informing us that there’s no way that she will accept an ortodontic treatment and that her stay in Romania is very short and specified that she can only came back once. Her main complaint was the color and position of her teeth. So she kindly asked us to give her an incredible straight and very white smile.
– No known drug allergies
– Smoker 15 cigarettes /day
– No medications
– The patient went to a private practice during her last 12 years in England
INTRAORAL DIAGNOSTIC FINDINGS
• Amalgam restorations in teeth: 16, 26
• Composite resin restorations on teeth: 17, 12, 11, 21, 27, 37,36, 46, 47
• Caries lesion on teeth: 18, 28, 27, 25, 38, 37,36, 44, 46, 48
RADIOGRAPHIC DIAGNOSTIC FINDINGS
• major apical reaction on teeth: 47, 46, 36, 37
• endodontic tratment on teeth: 11, 12, 17
– The treatment started with endodontic exploration under microscope for all the teeth that presented apical reactions and continued with an impression for the mock-up and evaluation of the diagnostic wax-up in porpuse of gaining adequate width-length proportions for the teeth. After preparation, a silicone index made from the wax-up model, was used to obtain the immediate provisionals. The teeth 13, 14, 23, 24, 34, 33, 32, 31, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 were prepared for E-max veneers and teeth 16, 26, 11, 12, 21, 22, 36, 46 were prepared for E-max crowns. Impregum soft polyether material was used for the impression and the provisionals were cemented with Temp Bond.
– One day later the teeth 38, 48 and 18 were extracted and the patient left the country after 4 days of intense treatments and came back in one week for cementation
– The veneers were placed using a try-in gel in order to give the patient a preview of the final outcome. The 13 veneers and 8 crowns were definitively luted into place according to standard bonding protocol with light-curing resin based dental luting material from Variolink.
– Full mouth rehabilitation in a very short time using both veneers and crowns meaning a straight and very white smile.
– Endodontic treatment and saving of all the teeth which presented peri-apical lesions.
Follow the contest also on our Facebook group!